Friday, June 12, 2015

Struggles We All Have Them Or I Am Not Super Woman Just God's Woman








I was thinking Monday that the old saying when it rains it pours sometimes seems so real. One thing I know for sure is that you can expect things not to be smooth and easy all the time. It is how we handle these times that is important. Do we get upset and depressed? Do we think God is forgetting about us or that he doesn't care about us? Do we want to just scream and pull our hair out? I think at times we have all felt like this and had these questions but being able to bounce back and get back on the right track is what is important.


As a Christian we sometimes think we shouldn't have any trouble but that isn't true. God even tells us there will be trouble.

John 16:33 NIV
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”


 2 Cor. 4:8-9 KJV
We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

The good news is that God tells us there will be trouble but does not leave us there He tells us that when we are His children that when the trouble comes He is our answer. John says in this world you will have trouble but our answer is God has overcome the world.
In Cor. Paul tells us we are troubled then lists ways we are, troubled not distressed, perplexed not in despair, persecuted but not forsaken and cast down not destroyed. In other words bad things happen but we have God on our side and we don't have to give in to the trouble just trust in God and turn it over to Him.

Sometimes it seems like it just all happens at once and I laugh and say God I am not Super Woman but then I am reminded that I don't have to be Super Woman just God's woman that has faith and prays. Three months ago my Dad died suddenly then my granddaughter fell at work and broke her arm and elbow which she had to have surgery on to piece back together with a plate and screws. Then cars broke down and Grandson is having to have tests and on and on. I was reminded of the verses above and that I am not alone. My first response is to pray. I turn it over to God and then trust Him. When I can do this then I know what it means in the Bible when it says we will have Peace. 

Phil. 4:7 KJV And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus

So in times of struggle, grief and trouble fix your eyes, heart and mind on God and you can be God's Super Woman (or man) of Faith.

Isaiah 26: 3-4 KJV
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:

God is our source of strength and peace in time of struggles, trouble and grief.

I suggest that we memorize these verses so that we are reminded of them often.







No comments:

Post a Comment