Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Good Training




Last night I couldn’t go to sleep because I ached so bad and my Fibromyalgia was hurting me also. I could have gotten up and read or watched TV but instead I prayed for my family and friends. I called their names out to God to watch over them and to keep them safe as well as for their health and needs. I spent my time just talking to God and letting God speak to me. I think it was good that I couldn’t sleep because I had quiet time with God and  by the time I was done praying and talking to God I could go to sleep and slept good even though it was only about 3 ½ to 4 hrs.

While I was praying I kept going back to the verse that says “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it” Proverbs 22:6 KJV I claim this verse for my kids and grandkids. I know it to be true because my parents brought us up in a Godly home where we learned to love God, to pray and they led by example. We went to church and we were active in our church. We sang in the choir, we went to youth group and Sunday school and when we had revivals we were there or anything special we were there. My Dad and Mom both didn’t just go to church but were leaders in the church too. We knew the importance of worship and knowing God and how to pray. I am so thankful that they showed us the way and trained us up right in the Lord. It didn’t mean that I didn’t stray but just like the verse says because I was trained up then I didn’t depart from that way. I am so glad too. I don’t know how people get through life without God.


I know that it makes me proud and does my heart good to see my little 3 year old Grandson 
Ian on first day of Summer preschool
              Ian love to go to church. He gets excited to go. I love that he is learning verses and it was so cute to see him try to preach to his Mom and Dad. When we were over for Memorial Day they got out a DVD of the lesson from their Wed. night class to watch and Ian was so excited that Pastor Rusty was on their TV. He grabbed a seat and watched it and kept telling me Pastor Rusty Nana. When it was done he told his Mom again again. I hope he always is that excited about hearing Gods word. 


When Paul  and Silas were  in prison they prayed and sang Praises to God. Then an earthquake came and the doors of the cell opened but they didn't leave. The jailer started to kill himself because he was sure they had escaped but Paul yelled and told him not to harm himself that they were all still there. He got a light and looked and saw they truly were all still there and he asked Paul how he could be saved and Paul tells him to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and he and his family will be saved.  The jailer had heard them singing and praising even though they were locked up and then when they had the chance to escape they didn't and they spared the trouble that would cone to the jailer for having prisoners escape on his watch and the life of this jailer by staying when they could have left. He then realized he needed the God that these men followed and asked them to show him the way. Their words but even more their witness of their faith by staying saved this jailer. Not only the jailer but also the jailers family.
Acts 16: 25-31 KJV
25 And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doors were opened, and every one's bands were loosed.
27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.
28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.
29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

This is so important to me and I claim the last verse that not only will I be saved but my house or family too. That is a promise I cling to when I am praying for a relative that doesn't know the Lord. I believe that the reason the family will be saved too is first through the Holy Spirit working on their hearts and second by my change when I gave my heart to God and my witness in my daily life, just like Paul"s witness by staying put, that it will lead them to God also.
This is a great promise to cling to when you are praying for a family member who needs to be saved. It can be an encouragement and comfort.

Next time you can't sleep try praying for family and friends and know that you are  being prayed for by me when I can't sleep, as well as other times too.

 If you have a prayer request just leave it in the comments and I will be glad to pray for you.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment