Friday, June 5, 2015

My Dad

My Dad













So much has happened this year. To catch up I just wanted say that since Dec when I had the flu and was down for 3 weeks I was sick 3 more times with a bad cold and bronchitis and really didn't feel like posting. Then in March my Dad died suddenly and very unexpectedly. My Granddaughter fell at work and severely broke her arm and elbow requiring surgery to put the bones back together with a plate and 12 screws.  Then cars broke down and Grandson was sick and I was sick again. It seems like the hits just kept coming and I either wasn't feeling like posting or too busy to. That has changed now and I hope to start posting at least once a week.

One thing I want to stress in all this is like the old saying "don't put off till tomorrow what you should be doing today" and I will add because you might not get the chance to do it! This is in everything but especially when it comes to spending time with your loved ones and telling them how much you love them.

My Dad was a loving Christian man who taught me so much. One of the best things is to love God and that God loves me. He lived his faith and God's love shown through him. I just wanted to honor my Dad with this first post and I will share what I wrote for him:


Daddy, Father, Dad

He was first my Daddy who taught me lots of things. To this day I remember when I was in first grade sitting at the dining room table and him drilling me on the alphabet. He got so frustrated because I could never remember the letter P. In later years we would laugh about it.
To me I knew everything was alright when Daddy was around example was when I hit the tree sleigh riding and at the hospital when Dad got there I knew he would make everything alright. Mom was there to take care of me but I knew when Daddy showed up that he would make sure the doctors and nurses would do what was right too. In my mind Daddy was my protector and he always made everything alright.

When I got older he was Father. He taught me to be hard working, responsible, honest and trustworthy. I didn't always meet his expectations but one thing was for sure  even though he was stern I never doubted his love.

When I grew up he was Dad. He was a loving Dad, Husband, Grandfather, Brother and

friend to many. One of the most important things besides his love that he has left us all as his legacy is his Faith and love For God. He and Mom taught me to love and trust God in everything. Praying and teaching us to pray is the strength that he and mom passed on to me that has been my strength through my life. When I got sick I knew because of how Dad and Mom brought me up and live their lives that it just was natural to know that God had a plan and to pray. 

So  Daddy, Father, Dad. I love you and I am so glad that God chose you to be my Dad. I am not going to say Goodbye but I love you Dad and See you Later!

Here are a few pictures of my Dad:






No comments:

Post a Comment