Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Getting back in the swing.


 
 
My Mom the other day said that I needed to get back to writing and I think she is right. I hope to start blogging every day or every other day at the least. It has not been because I haven’t wanted to write but it has been almost a year now that we have been without regular Internet. We have a hot spot through T-Mobile that actually works well but since we are limited on how much a month we can use it without going over and running slow I limit my time on it. We have been waiting on Google fiber to get in our neighborhood but haven’t heard when they will be here yet. When we signed up they said by this spring, well spring has sprung and no Google fiber yet. It has been very rainy here so that may have hindered them keeping up their schedule but if we don’t hear anything soon we may have to start shopping for another source for our Internet needs.

I think that I have been missing putting my thoughts down and writing some of the things that God has placed on my heart. I don’t know if anyone every reads what I write, other than my Mom, but I feel like God has placed this on my heart to do so that is what I want to do. I haven’t been writing any poetry lately either and really nothing has been on my heart to write in  poem. I hope that changes but until it does I will share a few of my old ones in my posts.


Last I just want to say that I want to be the vessel that God’s light can shine through so that the world can see His light through me. Like it says in Matthew 5:14-16
"14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." KJV

That is my prayer, to be the light in a dark world by having and letting God's light shine in and through me.

I love lighthouses and part of the reason is they remind me that God is our light and we look to him to guide us in calm and stormy seas of life. They also remind me that just like the lighthouse is dark if the light inside isn't taken care of and lit. That is we have to have like the lighthouse a source of light but also we have to maintain that light by staying close to God and let him lead and guide us.
That is why it is so important for me to spend time with God by studying the Bible and praying.
Psalm 119: 105 says " 105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." KJV

It is simple to be the vessel,like the lighthouse, for God's light, like the light in the lighthouse, to shine through by first asking God into our hearts. Second we have to, like the light in the lighthouse, maintain the light by having a relationship with God, then study His word, pray and let God speak to us. That is what I want for me and you to be God's lighthouse for His light to shine through.
 
PTL for His Light in my heart and life.
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Your post today touched my heart because you write from the heart. It was what I needed today. Thank you. Please keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie. So glad you were blessed. God placed this.on my.heart and I hope to keep writing as often as I.can

      Delete
    2. Thank you Julie. So glad you were blessed. God placed this.on my.heart and I hope to keep writing as often as I.can

      Delete