Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Spring Has Gone On Spring Break

If you are like I am you are over Winter and ready for Spring. We had a few days of warm nice weather where we got out and walked and enjoyed the sun but then it got cold and snowed again. Then it went back up to 70 degrees and was nice only to wake up yesterday to cold and snow flurries in the day. Today it is only going to be in the 40's and then tomorrow a chance of thunderstorms and 60's. This up and down weather is for the birds speaking of which they are back and singing outside my window every morning. I bet the birds don't care for the warm then cold back to warm weather either. I think Spring got here and decided to take Spring Break like everyone else so hopefully it will be a short break, come back Spring we miss you but come and stay awhile.


I am not complaining really just wishing for Spring and I do want Spring this year and not jump right to Summer and 90 degrees. I enjoy getting out and walking, hiking and having picnics without being overcome by heat. With my Myasthenia Gravis the heat makes me weak fast and harder to get my walking in.  So Spring come and stay awhile please.


I have been able to walk some and my husband and I are trying to get built back up to walking every night. I am hoping to get up to 3 miles that is my challenge but just being able to walk 1/2 mile is great. I have in the last week walked a little over 1/4 last Sat., Wednesday a little over 1/2 mile, Thursday a little under 1/2 mile and Friday back to 1/2 mile.  This is not bad after being sedentary all winter. I am trying to get back in shape and this walking is part of that.


My daughter and granddaughter inspired me to try to lose weight by using myfitnesspal.com that is a food journal and lets you log in your food and it gives you the calories for the day and keeps track of how many calories through out the day so you know right by looking at it how many you have left for the day. You enter your info and how much you want to lose and how fast and it calculates how many calories you can have a day to achieve your goal. It is an easy way to help you see where you need to improve. I was shocked the first couple of days when I put my food in how many calories I had eaten when I really had not eaten much all day. I was eating the wrong things and it made me see where I needed to improve. Great app and website to use. I just started Sat. March 22, 2014 so I will let you know how it is going week by week. This is my before picture.




  Last I thought I would share with you  a thought that came to me when I was thinking how I don't like and want this temperature going up and down. God says he doesn't like it when our commitment to Him is up and down either. Some times we are really on fire for God and other times it seems like we let other things distract us from God and living and doing what He has for us. It says in Rev. 3: 15-16 NIV
15 I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16 So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth.




Wow to think God gets disgusted with us for being lukewarm enough to spit us out. I don't want to be lukewarm I want to be on fire for God. So every time I think about the up and down temps I will remember these verses and work at being on fire for God and not be like the weather hot then cold.
Hope you have a good week and follow along with me while I try to get in shape and see if I can get up to 3 miles in my walking.



No comments:

Post a Comment