Thursday, June 26, 2014

TBT In God's Plan Right Here, Right Now, Right Where I Am Suppose To Be re post



I wrote this in Feb of 2009 and in Sept 2009 God saw fit to use me in a different way and let me start to walk again. This still fits because I still am right here, right now, right where I am suppose to be living the life God has for me. Praise God.


Saturday, February 28, 2009


Right Here, Right Now, Right Where I Am Suppose To Be

I was thinking that this month, March 2009, I will have been diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis and in a wheelchair for 9 years now. That got me to thinking about how my Grandkids said they can't really remember me not ever being sick and in a chair and that they feel bad for me. I had to laugh when they said that and when I think about it now because that is not how I feel at all. Do I miss the days of being able to do what I want and get around on my own? Well of course, I wouldn't be human if I didn't, but I am not sad or depressed or upset in anyway because I know that I am right where God wants me to be.

In Ecclesiastes 3:1 "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"(KJV) it talks about a season and time for everything and my season and time for being out of the wheelchair is done and I am now in the season of being where I am right now. I know that God is using me by my having Myasthenia Gravis and other chronic illnesses and being in the chair. I have grown so much in my faith in these last nine years. I have had more time to spend with God and to study and grow and to depend more on God. I have had more opportunities to witness than ever and I am able to understand and talk to others who are facing similar things like I am. I have been able to slow down and concentrate on the things and the work God has for me to do and I truly believe that I am in God's perfect plan for my life. God walks with me through this journey and season so I have peace and I am content knowing that I am doing God's work. God uses us in different ways and our jobs change from time to time but I know that God doesn't make mistakes and that what others see as weakness I see as God's using me to reach others. In a poem I wrote "Vessels" I wrote how others might see me and others like me as broken but we aren't we are just being remade into vessels capable of doing the job God has for us. I wrote this poem after I read Jer.18:4 "And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.(KJV)"
God is the potter and we are the vessel that he will make to be used. Never look at an illness, or handicap as being a broken person but a wonderful vessel that God has made to use for his wonderful work.
As Paul said in II Cor.12:9-11 9 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.(KJV)"
our strength is made perfect in weakness because of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. He is the power that I can draw on at this season of my life when I have illnesses and am in my wheelchair. I may not physically be able to do what I use to but I have the power of Christ and that makes me able to do so much for him. God's power surges through me and gives me that peace, joy, and contentment and understanding for where I am now. So yes right here, right now, I am RIGHT WHERE I AM SUPPOSE TO BE PRAISE GOD! I thought I would include my poem Vessels that I wrote. It is copyrighted but if you want permission to use it pls send me a note at lhxpmdj@aol.com.



VESSELS

I’m not a broken vessel, just a different one than you.
God made us both different, with different jobs to do!
God is the master craftsman and we are the clay in his hands,
He works us till he forms us into what is in his plans.
He lovingly creates us into vessels for the job he has for us to do.
The job he gives to me is not the same as the one he has for you.
Each job has its requirements to get the job done,
Each vessel is made a special way and matched with just the right one.
Sometimes our work it changes as life continues on,
So the vessel that we now are may need changes to get along.
The job that we are given is a very important one,
We have been specially chosen to make sure that it gets done.
So God never throws the vessel away, but changes he will make
A new vessel you will become, and remember God doesn’t make mistakes.
So I’m not a broken vessel just a different one than you,
God with his loving hands has made us just right for the work that we must do.

Deb Forbes January 2006
Copyright 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment