Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Year Half Over And What Have I Really Accomplished

July is here and with it comes all the thoughts of the year being half over especially when you see ads and shows talking about Christmas in July. I am a person that loves Christmas but truthfully when Hallmark Movie Channel had Christmas themed movies on already it was a little much even for me. I know that will be a shock to my family, but I am not ready for them to start already. In November I will watch the Christmas shows till Christmas but not July. That being said it has made me look back at the year so far and see what I have or have not accomplished.


It seems like the older you get the faster the year goes by.  It also seems like all we do is Mike, my husband works, I cook, clean, and read. We have not been able to take a trip in a long time except the work one we went on a couple of weeks ago to Alliance NE. I was with him so it was a mini and I do mean mini vacation for me but still work for him. Not complaining because I am thankful that he has a job and that I can do the physical things like cooking and cleaning, but I think I should have been doing more crocheting and writing too. I am hoping to get started making toys and prayer shawls for those who are in need of a loving touch and prayer. I use to make lapghans for people on hospice but haven't done anything like that lately. I want to get back into using the talent God gave me to bless others.

Hope you had a great 4 th of July. We spent ours with our kids and grandkids. I think the highlight was the water gun fight we had and our 2 1/2 yr old grandson seemed to have won. Just being out there playing, eating and being together was great. We went later to the city fireworks and that was good too.

Here is a picture of our grandson washing his truck after riding around in it. This is what started the water fight when he decided to squirt us too. We then proceeded to get little plastic water guns filled them up and it was on. Good fun and memories. I didn't get any pictures of the other grandkids and my daughter because with the wild water fight I didn't want to get my camera wet. Good times though
Grandson washing and detailing his truck
Grandson squirting me with water bottle 










This week's verses that I am trying to memorize is Eph. 3; 20-21 NIV
"20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

This says it all, God is able, we can't even imagine his power and we should give him all the glory.

Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment