Saturday, July 4, 2009

There in the Scan Machine

I was in the hospital after having trouble and they were running a chemical stress test on me. They did the first part and then I had to do the resting pictures. The problem with my having Myasthenia Gravis and my other diseases is that I can not lay flat and breath too. Breathing is a necessity I have found so this test in which I had to lay flat and not move in a scanning machine was going to be a challenge to get through since only a few seconds can cause me to struggle breathing. I asked my husband to pray with me and then when we got to the test and they were getting ready to put me on the table in the machine the technician said she was there and if I got into trouble they would stop and go from there. I told her no problem I had prayed and God was going to be with me during this. She looked at me funny and got me ready to go. They started the test and I started saying Bible verses in my head that I knew and praying. The longer I laid there the more I hurt and I then prayed and sang along in my head to some of my favorite worship songs from church. Finally after 20 minutes, which with out God's help wouldn't be possible, I had to literally be helped up off the table because my muscles in the rest of my body were too weak and I hurt so bad and my joints would not work, so they had to pull me up and support me to get me in the wheelchair. The tech. looked at me in amazement and said well you made it with no breathing difficulties and I smiled and said I knew I would because I had prayed and God was with me. When I got back to my room they told me they had seen something and needed to repeat that part of the test tomorrow which meant another 20 minutes of lying flat again. I just laughed and said to myself okay God must want to prove something to this tech. The next day she came to get me again and said well it will be just like yesterday and I will be with you all the time. I smiled and said thank you and God will be with me too because I prayed. Again she just looked at me funny. We went through the same thing getting me set up and starting the tests. I started praying the minute I was laid on the table and reciting verses I had memorized. I repeated the same process from the day before but the thing was it was harder the second time because I was still feeling the weakness and hurting and stiffness from the day before. I just prayed all the more and after 25 minutes we were done and again I couldn't move, not even to put my arm down from where she had it strapped above me. She literally had to pull it down. They had to lift my legs and pull me up off the table and my body was shaking so bad from the muscles giving out and she looked at me and said well you made it again. I smiled and said yep because I prayed and God was with me. She didn't say any more until we got to the room and my muscles still didn't want to work so I was helped to bed and when she was leaving she said you have a good spirit and I thanked her and said that's because God goes with me even in your Scan machine. You see they were prepared for the worst, for me to stop breathing and God had taken care of me and made sure that I was able to breath until the test was done. The nurses hurried in and said that the tech. just couldn't believe how well it had gone both days and she was telling everyone what I said about God going with me. The nurses had to come see for themselves and I got a good laugh because what they see as being something amazing, which it was, I knew could only happen because God had been with me and provided a way for me to do what I can not do with out his help, which is lie flat and breath too. I have not been able to lie flat in over 9 years and even have to sleep in a recliner chair at home and not a bed. So God is good to us and he goes with us every where even in a scan machine to comfort and provide for us all we have to do is ask. Praise God

No comments:

Post a Comment