Saturday, July 11, 2009

Our Lighthouse In Life

My Life’s Light

I will trust you where ever you lead me
I will trust you in both the calm and stormy seas
I will follow the path you set before me
I will lean on your love and hope you give me freely
For you are the light that guides my path along my way
You are my guide through each and every day
Like the captain on the sea I will look to the light
Always keeping that beam in my sight.
For you my Lord, are my light
On whom I will keep my sight

By Deb Forbes July 2009


If you come to my house you will see lighthouses everywhere. I love lighthouses and collect them in all forms. I have pictures of lighthouses on my walls and just about everywhere you look you will see at least one lighthouse in some form or another. The lighthouse is a reminder to me really, that Christ is the lighthouse or light in our lives.

The lighthouse was there for the sea captain and its ships to guide them safely into the harbors and to keep them from running into trouble of unseen hazards coming into shore. The lighthouse is also a fixed point that the captains and ships can keep their eyes on to guide them in calm and stormy seas. It is a comfort and a security for them when they follow it they will be kept from harm until they are safely in port. The light was there to help in the worst fog and storms but also there to guide in the calm and clear times.

As followers of Christ we can say that Christ is our lighthouse. He is our guide and safety in calm and stormy seas. John 8:12 "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."(KJV) John 9:5"As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world"(KJV)Christ is the one we should keep our eyes on because he is the light in the world of darkness. If we, like the sea captain, keep our eyes fixed on Christ, our light, then we will not lose our way and he will warn and keep us safe. He is there in calm and stormy times lighting our way as long as we look to him. If we take our eyes from him, our light, that is when we lose our way and run in to the hazards of life. Just like the sea captain if we don't follow or look at the light that is there to help and keep us then we like the captains ship will be lost or wrecked. We should always look to our light which is Christ till we have reached our harbor of eternal life in heaven.

Christ is the one we should look to and trust in our lives. He is our lighthouse and guide in our journey of life. Keep your eyes on Jesus and don't look away. If you fix your sight on the Lord and follow the path he shows then your life will be complete and your way made for you till you reach that heavenly shore. Sometimes when the storms of life are calm we want to look away from the light and try to make the way on our own, but just like the captain of the ship he needs to watch the light even in calm seas to warn and keep him from straying off course or running aground, we need to still keep our eyes on Christ to guide us even when things are going good or we tend to get in over our heads and lose our way till we again look to our light, which is Christ. Christ is the light of the world and the light in us. Let's try to keep our eyes on the light and let the light shine in and through us.

No comments:

Post a Comment