Thursday, May 29, 2014

TBT repost of Dash Between The Years



 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matt. 5:16 KJV  


I am re-posting this for TBT because it is a good reminder that we need to make the most of our lives and to live for God. We need to be the vessel that God's light shines through to the world around us. Happy TBT


Thursday, July 16, 2009

Dash between the years

I heard more than once from our pastor friend that on our headstone there will be the year we are born, then a dash, and then the year we die. That small dash between the years represents our life. It is such a small thing that represents all that we are and have done. This got me to thinking what will that dash represent for me? What will I have accomplished and how will I be remembered.

I want to be remembered for being a good wife, mother, grandmother, sister, daughter, mother in law, and friend. But most of all I want to be remembered for being kind, compassionate,loving, and above all else as an obedient, loving, follower of Jesus. I don't want to be remembered for the things I have or for being famous, but for being a person that loved God and my family and did good for others. What really is a better legacy than to leave with the people you love the knowledge of your love for God and your love for them.

I want to live life where I can serve God and others. I want to give love to as many people as I can and make their lives better. I want to tell all I meet about my God. I want, in every part of my life, to glorify God. I want to share and spend time with my husband and family and make good memories with them.

At church, Westside Family Church, our new series is on Treasure Hunt and what treasure do we hunt for, is it stuff or God. I want my life to be a hunt for the treasures of God and heaven and not stuff. The verses we studied were Matt.6:19-20 (19)Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. (20)But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.(NIV)I want, when people think of me, to know that I was on a hunt for heavenly treasures through out my life, treasures I willing shared with all.

Here are some of my quotes I have made into bookmarks:

MEMORIES TAKE A MOMENT TO CREATE AND A LIFE TIME TO ENJOY

REMEMBER WHEN ONLY HAPPENS WHEN YOU SPEND TIME WITH EACH OTHER

WHAT IS A LEGACY? SOMETHING THAT MAKES YOU RICH AND FAMOUS OR SOMETHING I CAN LEAVE TO YOU TO REMEMBER THAT I WAS HERE AND I LOVED YOU

GO THROUGH LIFE MAKING SURE YOU TOUCH THOSE AROUND YOU IN A POSITIVE WAY

STRIVE TO BE KNOWN NOT JUST FOR HOW YOU LIVE BUT ALSO FOR HOW YOU GIVE

MAKE SURE WHEN PEOPLE SEE YOU THEY SEE CHRIST


copyright 2009

Let us all take time to make that dash between the years stand for a life well lived loving, giving, and sharing but most of all serving and glorifying GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment