Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Standing Up For Your Faith and Week 4 of Challenge

I am behind on my memorizing challenge in picking new verses to memorize. I hope everyone has been able to memorize along with me. I have picked verses this week to go along with something that happened to my Dad the other day at a restaurant. Before we get to that let's recap the last three weeks.

Wk 1:
Ps. 119:11
Matt. 22:37

Wk 2:
Prov. 3:5-6
John 3:16-18

Wk 3:
Ps 23:1-6
Isaiah 41:10

First I must say I come from a family who loves God and has taught us to know and love God. My Mom and Dad are Christians and they raised us setting a good example as Christians. Dad and Mom the other day sat down at a restaurant to eat and when their food came my Dad prayed over their meal. They are not flamboyant, they quietly hold hands and Dad or Mom says the prayer.  On this occasion though, at the table next to them, a gentleman told my Dad that he couldn't  pray and to stop. Dad said the man had been drinking to much he thought, but still he told Dad to stop. My Dad politely told him to mind his own business, but the man continued to blame Christians for all his troubles. Dad finally told him to mind his own business and he was sorry the man didn't know Christ. The man stopped at that and my parents prayed and ate their meal. My Dad and Mom were not ashamed of their faith and did not cower when accosted for that faith, and that is the point to these verses I decided to memorize this week, that I am not ashamed of my God and my faith. I will not cower when persecuted. It would have been probably easier for my Dad to just stop with out praying but that would be denying the importance of his love for God and his Faith. What would you have done? I would hope I would have done the same as my Dad and maybe even told the man I would pray for him. I think this man does need prayer and I hope Dad has been praying for him. We are to love everyone even those who persecute us, and the best way is to pray that they come to know the love of God and hopefully we can be the one to show them that love.

The verses for this week are:

Rom. 16:1 NIV "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile."

Phil 1:21 KJV " For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."

Matt. 5:10 KJV "Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Hope you are still memorizing the Word with me. Let me know how it is going for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment