Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Wk 3 Challenge of Memorizing the Word

This is week 3 of my challenge to memorize the Word. I hope you are still with me on this challenge. Here is a list of the verses from week 1 and 2
Week 1
Ps. 119:11
Matt. 22:37
Week 2
Prov. 3:5-6
John 3:16-18

As I watched the devastation in Moore, OK after the tornado yesterday, with tears and prayers for the victims and their families a verse came to my mind from Psalm 23:4 KJV "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."  and also the verse from last week in Prov 3: 5-6 KJV " Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."

I don't know how you make it through a tragedy like this with out trusting and leaning on God and remembering that God is with you. This is why for this weeks challenge I have chosen the 23 Psalm as one of the verses to memorize. I believe memorizing the whole Psalm is important so that when you need it you will be able to recall this comforting Psalm and promise. The other verse is found in Isaiah and is important to remember when we are afraid.

So this weeks verses are
 Psalms 23:1-6 KJV " The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever."

Isaiah 41:10 KJV "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

Please continue to pray and hold the people of Oklahoma up who have been touched by this terrible tragedy

No comments:

Post a Comment