Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Waiting on the next shoe to drop!

( I had started writing this a couple of months ago and then our series for Church for this 3 weeks is on uncertainty and it fits right in with this, isn’t it funny how God will speak to us so I decided to finish it and post it.)

Have you ever heard this expression of “waiting for the next shoe to drop”? I have, when things seemed to be going wrong my Mother in law would say just wait till the next shoe drops meaning there was more trouble coming. Or how about the expression “just wait you haven’t seen anything yet”. These expressions are of gloom and doom lurking around every next turn where you just know something bad is going to happen, something worse than what is already happening. You just wait in anticipation for something really big and bad to happen. That’s what she was always thinking and we would say now wait you don’t know that something is going to happen but in her mind it had to happen. This is a miserable way to live waiting on something that might happen. Worrying gets you no where when we can’t control the future it is in the hands of God who loves us. Luke 12:25-26 “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? 26Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?”(NIV) We don’t have to think that something bad is about to happen all the time. It is so easy when it seems things are going wrong and everything is piling up on you to think negative like this but we don’t have to. Rom. 8:28 “And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.”(KJV) This doesn’t mean things won’t be tough but it means we don’t have to sit around waiting for the next shoe to drop either. Being negative breeds negativity, being positive breeds positivity.
I have been told just recently that I am too optimistic and joyful all the time, but I don’t know any other way to be. I have peace from God and a hope and knowledge that God makes a way for me no matter what. I choose to be happy and positive and refuse to wait on the next shoe to drop. When I got sick I could have very easily gotten negative and every time a new disease springs up (last count 9) I could get discouraged and think what next or think oh no when is the shoe going to drop, but when I got sick I prayed and God gave me the peace to know I am in his plan for me and I don’t feel that way. Jer. 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”(NIV) God is with us through everything and we just have to trust in him and know that he loves us and wants good for us. He never leaves us and he knows what is going on in our life. If we can rely on God and Trust in Him then we don’t have to worry or expect something bad to happen, we can live life to its fullest and know that peace that passes all understanding. Phil. 4:6-7 6 “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” (NIV)
PRAISE GOD

No comments:

Post a Comment