Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Being Content

What does it mean to be content? Websters dictionary says content is being satisfied. When I think of being content I think of being happy and satisfied as well as at peace with where I am. That is how we can feel when we are in God's will for our lives. It is not having many things or necessarily even having your health it is doing what God asks of us as well as living daily in his will for our lives. Paul tells us in Phil. 4 that he has learned to be content. Phil 4:11-13 "11 I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength."(NIV) We can learn to be content too in our lives by relying on God and holding on to the knowledge that no matter what comes our way that God is there to see us through and to hold on to us. So I have learned to be content where I am here in God's will. I know that I am where God wants me to be for the moment and that he is using me for his glory and that brings peace and contentment. Remember to look and ask God to show you what his will for you is and then be content when you know that you are living in Gods will.

No comments:

Post a Comment