Sunday, April 1, 2018

The Cross Not The End Only The Beginning Praise The Lord and a poem






As I praise and give thanks for the sacrifice of Christ on the cross I realize that this is the beginning of not just our gift of love and eternal life, but  also the begininng of an abundant life in Christ. It is the gift of love, peace, comfort in all things we face in life. It is being adopted into the family of God joint heirs with Jesus.  We have forgiveness and an advocate or intercessor through Christ. Our hope is in and through Christ and Christ willingly went to the cross so that we could have all this. HE LOVES US and all we have to do is believe and accept his gift.

We have a friend in whom we can trust and believe and not be afraid. We have peace and understanding through Christ.



 John 14:27 KJV










We have blessed assurance and faith that in our acceptance of Christ that God has us and we are in his perfect plan. We might not understand everything but we can know it will  be alright.


The one thing we know that God is always in control and that we can trust Him no matter what. He holds our hand and guides us through if we turn to him.







Just like the lighthouse pictured here God is our light to guide us in good times and the storms of life. His light always shines bright and as long as we keep our eyes on the light we will not stray or get lost. I see the lighthouse and I remember that though storms in life come along God is with us lighting our way all we have to do is rely on Him. A verse I like says to not be afraid or discouraged in fact it is a command and one I think of when storms come my way.
Joshua 1:9  NIV "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”


Here is a poem I wrote awhile back I will share again with you. I hope it will lift you up


My Life’s Light

I will trust you where ever you lead me
I will trust you in both the calm and stormy seas
I will follow the path you set before me
I will lean on your love and hope you give me freely
For you are the light that guides my path along my way
You are my guide through each and every day
Like the captain on the sea I will look to the light
Always keeping that beam in my sight.
For you my Lord, are my light
On whom I will keep my sight

By Deb Forbes July 2009
copyright 2009

God is our Light and here is my verse to memorize this week

John 8:12 KJV  "Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

All of this is because of Christ going to the cross to die for us so that we can live. So the cross was not the end but the beginning for all of us who believe. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment