Thursday, September 28, 2017

Walking for 8 years

Then

Now







Sept 28, 2017 marks 8 years of being out of my wheelchair and walking. I praise God everyday for what he has done for me. I am very thankful and never want to forget to acknowledge and thank God for what He has done. Once again I want to share my post from that day I started to walk again.

I was blessed that God trusted me enough to use me in the way He did when I was in the wheelchair and blessed me more when He told me to walk and has given me back my ability to walk and do what I can for Him.

My prayer is that God will continue to use me and that I can be the vessel His light can shine through.



Sept. 28, 2009 Mike and I went to Shawnee Mission Park to go on one of our walk and rolls. Mike was at the back of the van getting my wheel chair out and once again the Holy Spirit prompted me and said one word which was walk and I walked down to the back of the van and said to Mike I'm going to walk and took off. I walked only about 100 yards that day but for someone in a wheelchair for all those years that was a big step. I walked by myself down the path and back up the hill to the street that the van was parked on. When I reached the top of the hill I raised my hands, like Sylvester Stallone did in Rocky, and shouted yes, yes, yes thank you Lord. I then walked back to the van. This is a picture of that first walk. 
I had never in all those years of being sick and in the wheelchair asked God to heal me or let me walk again so I was surprised when I was prompted to walk. If I had not listened to that prompting though and then followed that one word WALK I would of missed out on a healing and blessing. It would have been easy for me to ignore that prompting or think that it couldn't be done because I can't walk I am in a wheelchair, but I followed the prompt and God blessed me for my obedience. My muscles in my legs were there at that moment I took my first step which is all God after 9 years of my neuromuscular disease and my wheelchair. The next walk a couple of days later was for 1/4 of a mile, then the next a mile and soon I was able to go hiking off the paved trail for over a mile. 
Each day brings new firsts and I continue to Walk with God both spiritually and physically.

2 comments:

  1. Debbie, you are such a blessing to me and especially to those in the church who knew you when you were in your wheelchair, not able to walk at all. Thank you Lord for the miracle He has performed in you through your love and obedience to Him. I want to share your story so others may know that God is alive and still performs miracles today. Many blessings to you and your family as you strive each day to walk with Him. Love, Leta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leta God is good and still in the business of miracles.

      Delete