Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bring on Spring Please

     Is anyone else, besides myself, ready for it to be Spring?  I am tired of the cold and snow. Bring on Spring Please I am so ready to be able to open the house up and let the sunshine and cool spring breezes in the house.  Sunday it snowed a little, I mean about an inch, but it was enough that I slipped and rolled my ankle going out of the house and pulled my back. I am so thankful that I had my hiking boots on and was holding on to my husband so I didn't go clear down but I am sore still.  I want to be able to get out and do some hiking and walking, to enjoy the flowers and cool breezes. A picnic would be nice too. So yes I am more than ready for spring.

   The one thing that this weather and snow has done is to remind me of the time when I was a kid that we were staying at my Grandma and Grandpa Jesters house and Grandma went out with us to play in the snow. They had a slight hill down to the street in their front yard so we got our disc out and decided we would go down the hill on it. The trick was you had to go down it just right and at the last minute grab hold of the gas meter and swing around to keep from going into the street. I wasn't brave enough to try at first because I had been injured sledding before. Grandma must of felt sorry for me so she came out of the house, all bundled up and took a turn going down the hill. She did it perfect, she slid down and just when we thought she would go in the street she grabbed the gas meter and swung around. We cheered and she jumped up laughing and grinning, I could tell she loved it and I figured if she could do it and not get hurt that I could too. I was scared to death, but I got in the disc, and they pushed me and off I went. I grabbed that meter and swung around and dumped out into the snow. I jumped up and dusted off, and whooped and laughed all the way back up to the start. We spent the whole afternoon out there with Grandma going down that hill.  Grandma stayed the whole time and was just like one of us, enjoying herself too. It is one of the best memories of winter I have.

   As I get closer to the age Grandma was when she went out to play in the snow with us I admire her even more because I know what she sacrificed to do it. She must have been sore the next day from it, but she never let on, she never missed a beat that night or the next day. Grandma gave us a great day and a wonderful memory to hold on to.

    So I choose to think on the memories of that snow day we spent with Grandma and not focus on the cold and snow now until Spring it gets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment