Monday, July 22, 2013

Trusting in God Week 5 of Memorizing Challenge

I know everyone has done the trust game where you turn your back to another person and just fall back trusting they will catch you.  We always fall and trust the person behind us, but trust isn't always easy. We, it seems, have more trouble trusting God and His promises than we do the person who is suppose to catch us. How can we believe and trust in another person and yet have trouble trusting the almighty, creator of everything, loving, God? I have asked myself this more than once. Our hope and trust is in God and we have to remember that and trust that He has it all in control and He has a plan and path for us. We need to trust and follow that path without trying to negotiate or deviate from it. Trust is the word for me this week and the verses to memorize are about that also.

Memorizing the Word Challenge Verses from past weeks:
Wk 1:
Ps. 119:11
Matt. 22:37

Wk 2:
Prov. 3:5-6
John 3:16-18

Wk 3:
Ps 23:1-6
Isaiah 41:10
Wk 4:
Rom. 16:1
Phil 1:21
Matt. 5:10

This weeks verses on Trust are:

Jeremiah 17: 7 KJV  "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord
is."
 
Psalm 91:2 KJV "I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust."
 
Hope you are still memorizing the Word with me. Let me know how it is going for you.
Remember to put your Trust and Hope in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment