Thursday, February 14, 2013

Month of Love

February the Month of Love, the month that we show our love to others with cards, flowers and candy. We write love notes and add them to those cards, flowers and candy to give to that special someone that we love.  We want to make sure that our Valentine knows how important they are and how much we love them.  I think that we get caught up in showing our love in special ways just one day a year when we should show the ones we love how special and loved they are everyday.
No it doesn't have to be candy or flowers any thing like that, it can just be little things like a special note in there lunch or making a special dinner. Baking cookies or a snack that they really love. When you get a chance to just hold there hand or just listen to them when they are talking can be special. We think big when it is the little things that are important. When Mike, my husband and I were dating there was a cartoon in our paper that was a girl and boy and the caption always was Love is followed by something that love is. One of my favorite ones was Love Is You and Me. Mike would cut those out and give them to me and it was really special. I kept them for a long time just because it was our special way of telling each other how much we loved each other. To others that would seem silly but to us it was special. That is what you should do, find out what is special between the two of you and then cherish each other by doing it.
I also think it is important to say I love you to each other and not just assume they know it. Every time I talk to Mike on the phone or he leaves for any reason we say I love you to each other. People might think we are crazy, but at times we can just be watching TV and look at each other and say" you know I Love You." We have been married 39 years and have been together 41 and I can truthfully say I never get tired of hearing him say I love you even though I know he loves me. I guess what I am saying is don't just spend one day telling the one you love that you love them and try to show them all in one day, but let them know each and every day.



Also we always have one who loves us unconditionally and thinks we are special and that is God. God loves us and has given his most precious gift His Son because He loves us.
John 3: 16 KJV  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
Never think that you have no one who loves you or that your not special because God Loves You and You Are Special.

No comments:

Post a Comment