Sunday, December 14, 2008

Living with Chronic Diseases

I thought I would just do my thoughts on life and life with a chronic illness or two like I have. I have Myasthenia Gravis, Celiac Disease, Hashimotos Thyroiditis, Fibromyalgia, Asthma, Osteopenia, Arthiritis, COPD, and who knows what else is lurking waiting to strike ha ha. My thought is Thank you Lord for trusting me and using me in this way. Some of these diseases cause life to have a few challenges. Eating for one I am highly allergic to gluten and corn so finding things to eat without either one of these in the food can be a challenge but we are coming up with some of our own recipes now and have learned a lot through this. The Myasthenia Gravis limits what I can physically do at times. I am in a wheel chair when we go out but last Dec. we got me a new power chair praise the Lord and now we are able to go walking with the grand kids. We have paved paths that we can go on and we were going to do a 17 mile walk but the weather didn't cooperate and then my husband had to have surgery so we are setting that for next years goal. Ever since I have been sick and finally diagnosed in 2000 I have found that I have gotten closer to God than ever. I really do thank him everyday for using me in this way I really thank him for trusting me to use me in this way. I feel its a privilege to know that God believes and trusts in me through my illness for his good. I could be down and depressed but I never have been God right from the start comforted me and showed me that it was okay. I look as each day as a new challenge and I don't look at my illness as a tribulation. Well that's all for now. Just wanted to say God Bless and remember when life has challenges that God is our strength and we can get through anything.
PS 121:1 KJV
I WILL LIFT UP MY EYES TO THE HILLS FROM WHENCE COMES MY HELP MY HELP COMES FROM THE LORD WHO MADE HEAVEN AND EARTH

No comments:

Post a Comment